Home Performance NC is proud to have been a contractor with both the Chapel Hill and Carrboro WISE Buildings programs from the start. Both programs offer generous incentives for the residents of Chapel Hill and Carrboro to make their homes more energy efficient through grants made possible through the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act.
Home Performance has performed hundreds of energy audits and weatherization jobs in Chapel Hill and Carrboro and is proud to be the contractor who has been with the WISE program the longest, has performed the greatest number of audits and weatherization jobs, and who has the best quality assurance record of all firms involved. We have a stellar reputation as a fair, highly professional and responsible contractor. We would love to help you take advantage of these wonderful, sustainable programs and help you achieve greater comfort, health, safety, and above all, energy efficiency in your home.
The goals of the WISE BUILDINGS program are to:
• Reduce energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
• Lower utility bills
• Create jobs
• Assist in the development of a local home and building retrofit market
• Create a sustainable program that lasts beyond grant funding
IN CHAPEL HILL:
Program participation eligibility:
• Primary residence is located within Chapel Hill corporate (city) limits
• Primary residence is owner-occupied
• Primary residence is a single-family detached structure
Eligible home improvements and subsidy levels:*
40% subsidy (after all other incentives):
• Envelope air sealing and insulation improvements
• Duct sealing and repair
• Outdoor thermostats for homes with heat-pumps
20% subsidy (after all other incentives):
• Heating ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) upgrades
• Energy-efficient appliances
• Hot water heater replacements
• Re-circulating hot water systems
• Programmable thermostats in gas-heated homes
• Lighting upgrades
• Solar thermal hot water
• Solar photovoltaic or geothermal renewable energy systems ONLY if in combination with
energy efficiency improvements estimated to generate 15% or more energy savings.
For full details on the Chapel Hill Program, including HOW to apply, go to the Chapel Hill WISE website. Be sure to choose Home Performance NC as your qualified contractor.
The town will provide a subsidy of $150 for an energy assessment (energy audit) provided by a prequalified contractor (us!)
For full details on the Carrboro WISE Program, please see the town’s website for more information.