A comprehensive home energy audit includes:
- A thorough examination of your home, including the crawl space and attic to assess the general state of energy efficiency of your home as well as to identify any safety issues you might have;
- A blower door test, to allow us to see how leaky the home is and where the leaks are coming from;
- Photos of your home’s interior, created with an infrared camera. This is done with the homeowner present, so you can see specific problem areas in your home;
- A duct blaster test, to get an exact value of leakage so we know where to rank this issue in our list of suggested repairs; and
- If your home has any combustion appliances like a gas water heater or furnace we test for efficiency, draft and CO.
- We also perform pressure balance tests, fan tests and a few others.
A comprehensive energy audit usually takes about half a day, and we prefer the homeowner to be present. Within a few days we will create a report listing and explaining the test results and pictures. Our report also includes a list of suggestions. These suggestions are ranked to show you the biggest return on your investment.
Home Performance NC conducts energy audits in Orange, Chatham, Durham, Wake, Lee, and Alamance counties, including Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Pittsboro, Hillsborough, Burlington, Mebane, Efland, Sanford, Southern Pines, Cary, Apex, Raleigh, Durham, Holly Springs, and all points in between. Call us at (919)360-1570 to make an appointment.